Friday 20 May 2011

The Week That Was-Edition 8

The week that was: (28/01/2010)
What a weekend it was, I hope you all had a great time at the talent night. I was wondering what talent I had, well if bird watching was included in Olympics then I could win gold medals for years to come. Mamata Banerjee announced her second budget for the welfare of Bengal. According to her, India has only one state and the line of control ends there; I can’t see any state other than Rasagulla state being benefited by this railway budget. Great news for the lads is that Cheryl Cole dumped her husband Ashley Cole for cheating on her. He is an idiot of first order for eating in roadside shops when he had five star foods available at home.

Inter Milan thrashed Chelsea 2-1 at San Siro and I expect Mourinho’s men to repeat the same in Stamford Bridge and send the Londoners out of the champions league. Everyone was going gaga about Sachin scoring 200, but my mate reckons passing in a Surprise quiz in which you have no clue is a much bigger feat than this. India is finally following the trends of the global manufacturing giants, not by being excellent but by being as pathetic as Honda and Toyota. Maruthi has just embarrassed itself by announcing a recall of its A-Star; it’s not A Star anymore. What is wrong with these car manufacturers? I think some clown must have gone to sleep in the production line and creating an absolute havoc.

Vijay has got the rights for 3idiots movie remake, I don’t know what role he is going to play in the movie, maybe he should try getting the copy rights for “101 Dalmations”, the movie would be a super hit. The finance minister has announced his annual budget hiking the prices of Petrol, Cigarettes, TVs and cars. While loads of people call it as a sensitive and a well balanced budget, I tend to disagree with him on giving concessions for toys. Why should the rich guys who buy expensive toys for their kid$ should be given a concession whilst the rest of us are struggling to make ends meet. You don’t find lower middle class people walking up and down the supermarket aisle to buy toys for their tweens. If I was the FM, I would have taxed the toys a premium of 25% and on set top boxes, I know the FM has an affinity for reality TV shows and seeing bollywood beauties on high quality digital TV but that doesn’t mean he should give concessions for those who buy set top boxes. I am no financial expert but I do think that you should tax only those who can pay instead of ripping off from the guy who smokes Malabar beedi, trust me I am a non smoker but I still find it unfair to tax the guys who will have a miserable death anyways.

The clowns from the opposition parties walked out when the price rise on petrol was announced. Anyone with a bit of common sense would realize that the petrol in India is highly subsidized and we are losing millions, it’s high time that the rate of petrol is raised to a reasonable level. I know it will hit everyone hard, including me and the inflation will go up…etc but we have to come to terms in facing reality. Whilst everyone else talks about how India has developed, anyone who has stepped out of the Indian border will realize that India is still like the west in 1970’s. We have a long way to go in terms of infrastructure, health care…etc. So even if the opposition disagreed with what he said, they should have given constructive criticism instead of walking out. My mate wonders whether he will be allowed to walk out when he disagrees whilst a lecture is being delivered; I wasn’t surprised when he asked me this as he is the son of a politician.

The Dada and Didi have announced the financial and railway budgets respectively for the welfare of Republic of West Bengal and we might as well focus on other things because no one would give a damn about your opinion or my opinion. Do read about it as it might help during job interviews apart from that there is no benefit, nothing whatsoever. The times of India came up with an interesting research saying that Curvy women are cleverer than their apple shaped counterparts and they also give birth to intelligent kids, so start you’re your exercise routine ladies, I am not making this up I just quoted the exact lines I read. I was absolutely furious when I read that our government has spent around Rs. 5.5crores till now just for the cell in which Ajmal Kasab was locked up and this doesn’t include the legal fees, security costs…etc. It would have been better if they just shot him as he has not coughed up any vital info yet and is making a mockery of the Indian judicial system.

Writing Week that was normally takes less than 30 minutes for me as I write whatever that comes into my mind, but this edition was the longest I took, it took me more than 3hours to write 5lines. I think I am suffering from a brain drain and it is a daunting task to meet the expectations of the highly demanding readers, so I apologise in advance if the standard of my articles are coming down. By the way, to celebrate the overall shield that we won in Sri Venkateshwara institutions me and my mates are planning to organize a booze party in which all guests will be served pints of Ho***l cooked sambar so that we all could get drunk and wasted, everyone is invited for the Sambar party. Till then, I will see you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment