Friday 20 May 2011

The Week That Was-Edition 7

and this how I apologised :) :)

The Week That Was: (21/01/2010)

Hi everyone, it is awesome to meet you all once again after a year. The most talked up subject in the campus apart from Surya's visit are the results, congrats to those who have got excellent marks. And to those of you, who have slipped up, don't worry, as my mate always says learning is inversely proportional to your earnings, failing couple of papers isn't the end of the world. He goes onto say that “Kotler has earned millions teaching Marketing all over the world despite studying Economics till Ph.d”, I won't add anything to what my mate says because he has created so much controversy about his understanding of Debenture expressed in my previous column.


Most people tend to get disappointed after reading my column saying that there is no useful information in the column, well expecting useful info from me is like going to a vegetarian hotel and ordering Chicken biriyani.
I am so glad that college has finally re-opened; I was so damn bored at home doing nothing, all I did was to have 7 meals a day and sleep for 16hours. I started getting restless after the second day that I didn't know what-to-do to kill time; I remembered people always saying that “You should read a lot of books and newspapers whilst doing MBA”. So, I searched all over my house to find some books to read, all I got was 4 copies of Aval Vigadan. I can now proudly say that now I know how to cook Pachai-payaru-satham, thayir vadai, how to raise kids and loads of things that can't be published. I even thought about lending my support and protesting for Telangana but because I was lazy I watched movies instead, to kill time.


I watched almost all movies on my laptop, if you give me a choice of smashing my head with a brick and shooting myself or watching Vettaikaran for the second time, I will choose the former. But if you give me another option of watching cricket or Vettaikaran, I would rather watch Vettaikaran thank you. For some reason I can't stand that game, it was a game which the shepherds used to play to kill time in England while their cows were grazing the field for hours together. Now that the cows are reared in little farms to save time and increase productivity, the shepherds don't play cricket anymore and that is the reason why Cricketers in England earn less than a banker. Now only the retired people follow that game, if you don't believe me check out the next televised game in Lord's.


Life is very different before and after joining MBA, you learn a lot of new things and you are treated as managers instead of students inside classrooms; it is nice to be honest. If you asked me who an Angel Investor was this time last year I would have said “Angel investor is any investor who looks as gorgeous as Angelina Jolie or Tamanna”. But now I know that, that is not the case. Loads of interesting things happened in the past like the N.D.Tiwari scandal, judgement on Ruchika's case…etc, but I would like to keep this column professional by not offering any opinions. The Taliban attack on the Afghan capital just goes onto show that terrorism can't be eradicated by brutal force or power unless the people themselves change or give up. Indian Hockey players were asked to play for peanuts, it is rumored that their actual pay is 1cup of Tea and 2 Hide and Seek biscuits per month, all they are asking for is bit extra money so that they could buy detergents to wash their socks.


I am extremely disappointed to be born in TN were ministers are more interested in not getting their shirts dirty than saving the life of a dying cop, Mr. Vetrivel, just to honour those ministers I am renaming swine flu as 'Politicians Flu' from now onwards. There is a huge media outrage on Pakistani players not being selected for IPL and I for one think that Pakistan should be ignored in everything until their government stops their support for extremist groups. Politicians are more of a threat to our nation than AIDS/Swine Flu, they don't help dying cops, call each other bad names like Deve Gowda, not open their mouth for any question asked in the parliament (Alagiri), whenever these clowns' names are mentioned I feel like puking (FYI: No, I didn't have hostel food).  The Politicians tend to talk as if someone was pushing Harpic up their nostrils with an electric toothbrush, it sounds so artificial and retarded.


I would like to sign off by reminding you of the most important news of last year, i.e. the crowning of Miss. Kaiane Aldorino as Miss World 2009 (hehe ). I know there is a similar attempt to find Miss PSGIM in the Pongal celebrations! All the above mentioned comments are intended not to offend anyone except the fans of Cricket and Vijay, so chillax guys. I will see you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment