Friday 20 May 2011

The Week That Was-Edition 6

This column created a lot of controversy and the entire finance department was darn pissed. They asked me to write an apology in the next column but I didn’t J

The Week that was: (18/11/2009)
I was told to finish this column within 600 words, so I will get straight to the point. Last week everyone was busy choosing their streams and almost everyone including the watchman wanted to take Finance. If I was the HR guy from an MNC and if I see a guy with arrears in Management Accounting sitting in front of me for an interview with MBA in Finance, I would burst out rolling on the floor laughing. Finance offers exciting job opportunities and handsome paychecks but that doesn’t mean that it is the right field for everyone, I can say this as I have worked for a bank for more than 3years. My mate also chose Finance as his stream and he still thinks that Debenture is a guy who passed out of IM in 2005.

And is anyone else sick and tired of The Hindu’s overuse of superlatives when describing about Indian cricket team? When India won the match by 3runs after scoring 414, they were using terms like splendid and spectacular to describe the bowling of Zaheer and Nehra. In all honesty the Indian bowling was pants, I was embarrassed to see it on the screen and when I read terms like majestic and dash of bravado to describe the fielding of our guys I nearly puked on the paper. Seriously, I could never imagine any guy worth his salt would have written such a post match report after seeing the match on tele unless he is an illicit lover of some player in the team.

It was revealed last week that David Headley the Pakistani origin, American terrorist (surprise surprise) used to work as an undercover CIA agent and also worked with the Drug Enforcement Administration before turning into a fulltime terrorist after he got placed in the Lashkar-e-Taiba with added perks of paid holidays and family health insurance. It was learned that he learnt all his terrorist skills from the American government itself just like his predecessor Osama Bin Laden. While working for the DEA he made frequent visits to Pakistan and he found interesting information’s like 70% of all Pakistanis are terrorists and the remaining 30% have just been shot.

PMK party leader Ramadoss wants the by-election to be cancelled as he thinks that people are given cash for votes. I would say that it’s just soar grapes, everyone including the guys in Election Commission knows that the ruling party gives everyone money of around 500-1000 bucks for every vote so that the poor people could use it for variety of purposes like buying rice to paying fines. During the last election I was the first to queue up in the voting booth and I registered it for 49 ‘O’. My advice is whilst voting, Vote sensibly.

I can’t resist talking without mentioning about it at least once in my column so here it goes, If the place where I am forced to eat everyday against my will, brings out a menu card it will have something like this “Chicken torn into pieces”, “rather burnt rice served along with an exotic Cat’s Poo”, “Pappadam which you need to tear than break and curd which tastes worse than Toddy”. The 2nd trimester is within touching distance fellas, start preparing for it as CGP plays a vital role while sitting for placements and guys like me who have flopped in the 1st trimester need to start studying instead of wasting time.
I guess my word count is over, I will see when I see you.
                                                                         Danke

No comments:

Post a Comment