Friday 20 May 2011

The Week That Was- Edition 3

The week ahead:- (11/10/2009)
We had to give the articles for printing one week in advance and it didn’t make any logical sense to write about the week that was, so I was thinking long and hard on what to write. I was thinking about all possible things that I could rant about, starting from the food served to the high speed internet connectivity that we were supposed to receive in additional hostel but I myself got bored by ranting endlessly when my cries fell on deaf ears. Thinking creatively or constructively is out of question as one requires a well developed right side of the brain. That part of my brain is fully occupied by Tamannah and Manchester United, (I still can’t digest the fact that we lost to Chelsea in such a manner) so leaving these things aside I am going to predict how the week ahead will be.

Anyone who has followed politics for a considerable period of time would have seen the bleeding obvious happening again and again, for e.g., the number of leaders at the Tamil Nadu Congress party, the number of leaders in that party is higher than the number of people supporting them. It is rumored that they have got leaders to followers in the ratio 100:1 and no wonder they fight and argue amongst themselves. Or the on-going crisis at BJP, every day either one person or other leaves the party and you can see them washing dirty linen in public. Nothing different is happening/will happen in international scene too, a bomb blast might happen in Pakistan killing at least a dozen people (Ironically at the time of this article going to print, 20people were killed in Peshawar blast, my heartfelt condolences to the victims and their family).

Pakistan will still claim that there are no terrorists in the country and no terrorist activity happening, US will support this incompetent government offering billions and Israel will be accusing Hezbollah militants of terrorist activities while it kills more innocent civilians than all the terrorists combined. Iran will be accusing both Israel and US of trying to unsettle its government, Gordon Brown in order to save a sinking ship i.e. his party, in the forthcoming elections might offer free beer to all the citizens of Great Britain. And I bet that our T Rajendar might be selected as the most handsome personality of the year 2009, because if an actor like Vijay could release movies continuously then TR could win awards too.

Indian cricket team looks like a Tour De France cyclist who’s had his bike nicked. They are utterly clueless at times and they play well once in a while, they do have couple of match winners though. In fact each one in the team is match winner but when one player turns up the others seem as if they just got dumped by their girlfriend whilst on the pitch. I don’t understand why Jadeja is still in the team, it might be because he shares the name with a cricketing legend. My granny could run faster than him between the wickets and I call Ajay Jadeja a cricketing legend because he must have studied MBA in some dodgy B-School and would have misunderstood the term profit maximization. Inclusion of Jadeja in the team is beyond the understanding of every right-thinking person in the country. I use the word Jadeja quite often, in a different context of course. Like if you get a slice of lime in your coke, or a sprig of parsley on your battered cod or a Plastic flower in a tiny vase on your table - that's a Jadeja. It's sort of decorative but has absolutely no impact on the experience.

Everyone loves cricket in our nation and with growing popularity for T20 format, I propose that we should change the exams also in line with Twenty20. We should reduce the exam time by 1hr and give breaks after 30minutes. A free hit marks should be given for unexpected questions and first 30minutes should be considered as power play with no supervisors in the exam hall. It wouldn’t be too bad if we have few cheer leaders dancing and cheering me up after I finish writing each page, may be that could help me from not falling asleep while writing. Many of my friends wonder how I passed my UG but I always remind them that I have got a PhD. When I mean PhD, in my dictionary it is an abbreviation of Passed high school with great Difficulty.

I can carry on predicting things like what will happen and rant endlessly but in order to save each of our reader’s time I think I should stop here. Most of the things I have said might/might not happen but then again these are just my views. Editors feel that I might offend Vijay fans by saying controversial things but I feel they should feel sorry for themselves, they should feel sorry for being a Vijay fan. People say legends don’t die and I am a living example (hehe), I will see you when I see you.
                                                                             Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment