Friday 20 May 2011

The Week That Was-Edition 2

The Week that was:- (08.10/2009)
You should call me a Nostradamus for predicting that Bhaji will come out with a stellar performance in my previous column and he did it in his own style, didn’t he? Despite the post trimester hangover we managed to bring the 1st edition of Atulya, (Atulya isn’t the name of some north Indian girl studying in PSG Tech, it literally means Incomparable in Sanskrit). I would like to share what happened in my exam hall during the 1st trimester. I broke the nib of my pen after I finished writing one particular exam, it’s not that I was awarding death sentence to anyone it’s just that I don’t want to write any exam like that ever again.

Nothing much exciting happened in the political world last week according to me, so I thought I should explore global media. The Sun from UK had an interesting piece, A plastic surgeon married a below average looking girl and did 8 plastic surgeries on her, to turn her into a stunner. He has taken customizing to suit your needs to a whole new level, what a man! And BBC was narrating about a 112year old Somali grandpa marrying an 18year old teenager, being a single male it’s disheartening to read such stuffs. Pursuing MBA is certainly not doing any favors either in romantic side of my life, because you have got almost one thing or another to do throughout the day, never mind spending time for someone else.

May be I should prepare a Power point presentation about myself to my future would-be girlfriends, not to forget, doing a SWOT analysis of myself (I know it would be easy to write about my strengths and weakness, but what on earth should I write for Opportunities and Threats?). Anyways dating is the last thing on my mind right now; I am more concerned about RBI buying $6.7 billion worth of gold and Tamannah’s latest movie being released. Despite recession they managed to buy so much gold, enough gold to make any women jealous. Nowadays it seems like everyone is affected by recession I guess, because the size of the chicken pieces served in the additional hostel has reduced drastically. It looks more like tomato fry than chicken fry. The only ingredient that our cook knows in the world of cooking is chilli powder; he is so innovative and has excellent culinary skills to rival any best chef in the world. We are served noodles with onion chutney, idly with extremely spicy God-knows-what-to-call-it gravy…etc.

If I start about additional hostel I would go on and on for days and my editors won’t be too happy with what I have written. Let me come back to news, A Brazilian man surprised his relatives by turning up for his own funeral. Relatives of Ademir Jorge Goncalves, a bricklayer, had identified him as the victim of a car crash in southern Parana state the previous day. Police told O Globo newspaper that relatives had trouble identifying the corpse because it was badly disfigured. It emerged that Mr. Goncalves had spent the night drinking rum-like liquor called "pinga" with his friends. It must be awesome walking into your funeral and see how your wife, kids and relatives react.

NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal has said that his party would give outside support to Congress in Mahrashtra (The Hindu, 4/11/09), it is like going to dinner party and not eating anything at all and staring at other people who eat continuously so much so that the person gets embarrassed and stops eating. Anyways, enough of my rants, due to space constraints and also with the thoughts of giving equal opportunities this column might not repeat in future editions but I am sure with your contributions and feedback this newsletter can go from strength to strength. And guys please send us your feedback through email; because we would like to know your thoughts, love it or loathe it let us know.
                                                                                       Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment